Thursday, February 26, 2015

Why my Little Notebook is my Best Friend When Traveling

One tip that I have is to carry around a little notebook or notepad with you.  Not only is it a good tool to have with you to write down all important information on such as upcoming flight details, accommodation information, contact information of people that you meet, and more, it is also useful for writing down the name of where you are trying to go (whether it be a street name, attraction site, museum, hotel or other accommodation, city name, etc.)  I have a few notebooks that are filled with all types of notes that took.  I wrote down all travel information such as which hostels or hotels I stayed in, how much they cost, whether I liked staying there, if there was an exit and entrance fee, if there was a visa-on-arrival or visa requirement, what cities I visited, what type of transportation I used, how much the transportation cost, what airlines I used and if there was any sort of preparation needed such as printing of tickets beforehand or extra fees, the names and contact information of people that I met along the way, my budget and expenses for each country, etc.  I was able to use this notebook to help others by informing them on what to expect for their visit to that country and the best way to save money and not be scammed. My notebook also came in hand as a way to communicate with others by writing down the name of where I was trying to go or what I was trying to find and then showing it to them.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment