Thursday, February 26, 2015

Hostels in Southeast Asia, India, the Middle East, Eastern Europe, the Mediterranean, and Morocco



Osaka, Japan- Hotel Chuo $21. I unknowingly stayed during an important holiday so it filled up fast and cost more than usual.  It is an adorable little place that is very Japanese traditional and family owned.  Most visitors are Japanese and older.

Patong, Thailand (Phuket area)- D Feel Hostel $8. I had a 4-bed bunk room with a private bathroom and air conditioning all to myself.  Downfall is that it is kind of difficult to find because it is tucked away behind some stores.  A man on the street saw me lost and looking with a  map and somehow knew what I was looking for.

Patong, Thailand (Phuket area)- Arita House $13.50.  I booked this hotel-like place for my mom, her friend, and I to stay at for just under a week.  It was great. They let me negotiate a price.

Ao Nong, Krabi -Slumber Party Hostel $11.  My mom, her friend, and I stayed the night here.  It had cool capsule-like beds.  It was a walk away from the beach area and lots of shops and restaurants. 

Chaing Mai, Thailand- MD House $11.  My mom, her friend, and I stayed for under a week here.  It was really nice.  It had two nice pools, computers to use for free, free WiFi, big rooms, a small weight room, and a very nice staff.  They also set up lots of tours for you too.  It was located in a perfect spot near everything nearby.

Bangkok, Thailand- Lucky House $4. My mom, her friend, and I got into Bangkok extremely early in the morning, around 4 am.  We couldn’t find much that was open except for this place.  They were very kind to let us share one room with a large bed, bathroom, air conditioning, and t.v.  We only stayed until the next afternoon.

Bangkok, Thailand-Rainbow Hostel $4-$7.  An Indian-owned and ran hostel right near the main Khosan Road.  It’s a very crazy and loud area but there’s a lot around and easy to walk to.  It’s not the cleanest place but was ok.  I stayed for about 5 days in a dorm for one night and a private room the remainder of the nights that had a private bathroom. 

Siem Reip, Cambodia- Advisor Angkor Wat Villa $7.  A cute little place that’s tucked away off of a main road.  I had a private room with my own bathroom and a t.v.   There was free WiFi.

Don Det Island, Laos- Peace and Love Guesthouse $6.  I loved this place.  It was just comprised of a few bungalows.  I shared a bungalow with a girl from England that I met along the way to the island.  Our bungalow only had a big bed in it with a mosquito net hanging over it.  The bathroom and shower was a shed outside.  We woke up to a stunning view of the Mekong River in which the bungalows resided on.  We had hammocks to relax on outside our door.

Ubon (Ratchathani), Thailand- Fun Dee Mansion $12. 
Cebu, Philippines- Cebu Guesthouse $7
Cebu, Philippines- Metro Park Hotel $18
Kuta, Bali, Denpasar- Gong Corner Homestay $7
Kuta, Bali, Denpasar- Warung Coco $16
Mumbai, India- Hotel Windsor Mumbai $10
Calangate, Goa, India- Reliance Regency Studio $20
New Dehli, India- Star Villa Hotel $16
Istanbul, Turkey- Sopha Taksim Hostel $10
Athens, Greece- Athens International Youth Hostel $18
Tirana, Albania- Tirana Backpackers Hostel $15
Lake Orhid, Macedonia- Joce Apartments $21
Kotor, Montenegro- Old Town Hostel $9 (pay what you want!)
Mostar, Bosnia- Villa Monera 413
Budapest, Hungary- X Hostel Budapest $6
Marrakesh, Morocco- Freedom Hostel $7
Marrakesh, Morocco- Casa Del Sol $20

No comments:

Post a Comment