Thursday, February 26, 2015

Helpful Travel Apps


There are several phone apps that come in handy when traveling.  Some of my favorites are:
 
·         A currency converter.  This helps to figure out the price on things, and when it comes to converting your money to and from.  This helps when shopping and when exchanging currency.
·         A language translator.  This came in handy very much when I was communicating with a friend in Turkey and a lady from Syria who spoke minimal English.
·         A clock that tells military time since many countries use military time instead.
·         WhatsApp.  This is an app that I have heard a lot about as I traveled.  It is used all around the world and is a great tool to keep in contact with others for free.  Everyone always asked if I had a WhatsApp account.  But I didn’t.
·         Instagram.  Keep your friends and family updated on where you are by sharing your photos.
·         Facebook.  Because it’s Facebook.  Honestly, it’s the best tool for a traveler because it has enabled me to stay in contact with so many friends around the world and for others to contact me for travel information.  Inspiring my blog J
·         SnapChat.  I don’t have SnapChat but the majority of people do and it’s a great way to share your fun with your friends.
·         Skype or FaceTime.  I loved having this and being able to Skype my mom and puppy as I traveled.
·         Vonage.  This app allowed me to call my mom for free anytime I had WiFi.  Other similar apps are: Line, Viber, and Voxofon.

No comments:

Post a Comment