Thursday, February 26, 2015

Finding the Best Travel Places to See and Explore



Since I don’t do much research beforehand and definitely not on attractions or activities, I find other ways to learn the best places to see and explore.  If I know of someone who has already backpacked or visited where I plan to go, I will message or ask them about it.  Some people have been in places due to volunteer work, the Peace Corps, and more, so I will ask them if they had a favorite place to see.  I had a friend who was in the Peace Corps in Macedonia and saw that I was going to that region of Europe so she recommended that I go to Lake Orhid, Macedonia.  Not only had I never heard of Lake Orhid, I didn’t even know where Macedonia was exactly located.  I picked her brain about the best way to travel in that region.  Lake Orhid, Macedonia is now one of the most beautiful place that I have ever seen.  I ask people that I meet along my travels who have either visited or are heading to a certain area and I will ask if they have a favorite place to see there.  This is a great way to learn about local secret hide-aways that not many know about whether they are sky-high waterfalls, beautiful parks or bodies of water, awesome views at the top of a hill or hike, or a small town that many don’t visit.  I love visiting places and seeing things that many don’t go to so word-of-mouth is an excellent way to find such places.  Again, this is all done as I go with little or no planning ahead.  Like I said, too much planning can become too overwhelming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment